For any questions regarding the application procedure, administrative matters, or dorm/student life matters, please contact the Extension Division.
For any questions regarding music auditions, music curriculum, or other directly related music items, please contact Musical Assistant Director Marc Stasio.
The following is to be completed in advance of camp week:
|1. Submit a Participant Questionnaire|
|2. Submit a Video Audition, as may be required|
|3. While waiting on notification of acceptance, apply for financing options through the Rutgers Federal Credit Union.|
|4. Once you receive email notification of camp acceptance, register online for the Rutgers Summer Jazz Intensive.|
5. Complete required medical forms and return via Certified Mail. Please make sure to include the name of the summer camp and the session they are attending on the envelope. It may be possible to forward completed forms electronically (by email) to facilitate time restrictions, however, we must also receive the physical copies in advance of the camp-week, as well.
Due to privacy regulations, medical forms from previous camp years are not retained and new forms must be submitted at all times.
It is not permissible to bring medical forms at the start of the camp week. They must be received in advance. If need be, please contact the Extension Division office to discuss deadline requirements, or other medical concerns – 848-932-8618.
To begin, all applicants must first fill out a Participant Questionnaire each year, and submit an Audition Video as may be required before actually registering for the Rutgers Summer Jazz Institute. The Questionnaire is below.
- Students ages 14-18 have the option of commuting or residing on campus.
- Students ages 11-13 must commute to campus.
- Registration opens on October 15th of the previous year of camp
- Registration deadline is June 29th of the camp year. Applications after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Residential Rate: $950 (includes room, board, meals, and activities)
- Commuter Rate: $725 (includes lunch only)
A very limited number of scholarships are available. These are awarded on basis of demonstrated financial need and artistic merit. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship must submit a completed Financial Aid Application form, and must submit an audition video featuring the repertoire as described in the Audition Information section of this website.
All scholarship applicants – including returning students – must submit an audition video featuring the repertoire as described in the Audition Information section. The video must clearly demonstrate the applicant’s current level of performance. A letter of support from the applicant’s band director (though not required) will be considered in making scholarship determinations as well.
LOW-INTEREST LOANS & FINANCING:
The Rutgers Federal Credit Union has financing options available for continuing education and summer programs! If financing or cost is an issue, we urge you to fill out the Rutgers Federal Credit Union Continuing Education Loan application. Click on the logo below to go to the Rutgers Federal Credit Union website for more information!
Financing is available in the form of personal loans up to $10,000 from the Rutgers Federal Credit Union. Click here for more information. Click here to apply for a loan.